Friday, December 14, 2018

Holiday Cookie and Confection Round-up (2018)

"You can be miserable before you have a cookie and you can be miserable after eat a cookie, but you can't be miserable while you are eating a cookie..." (Ina Garten) With a marathon couple of days looming before me, I am still trying to decide what will go in this year's holiday cookie boxes. Will I be overambitious and make everything I posted here? Especially because these are my tried and true favorites, the ones I would love to get, and honestly, I had to stop somewhere. Although I wouldn't put it past myself to swap out and add something else.There are two new holiday cookies and one new confection on the list this year. As soon as I made them I immediately knew they were destined for the holidays. 

Or will I scale it back and choose less than a half-dozen of them because really, how much insanity do I want to experience in a 72 hour period? Or rather how much insanity am I capable of without going over the edge? I actually know the answer to that, but will let you know how I fare. 

If you are still looking for ideas for your holiday cookie boxes and platters, you will find links to all of the recipes below. No need to spend your time searching through the recipe index as I want to give you as much time as possible to do the ingredient shopping, baking, and packing up your gift boxes. In other words, even if I am little reckless with playing around with the limits of my own sanity, I care about yours. For those of you who, like me, wait until Christmas gets a little closer, happy baking!